Saturday, August 11, 2012

Day +2228 : My Samsung Galaxy Note is kaput

I am fine today.

After eight months of usage, my Samsung Galaxy Note started to experience auto reboot problem since Monday. The problem is very annoying.

I upgraded the OS of the phone to Android 4 few weeks ago. The upgrade brought more harm than good; the battery drained like crazy and the phone also slowed down. I did the upgrade because I would like to run Chrome which is only compatible with Android 4 on the phone.

I reset the phone to the factory default but since the ROM has be upgraded to Android 4, all I get is still Android 4. And the phone continue to reboot itself :-(

After tolerating the rebooting phenomenon for a few days, I found out that it was the on off switch that cause the problem - the phone always reboot itself immediately or not long after I press the on off switch.

I brought the phone to Samung Service Centre in PJ yesterday afternoon. I was told that I can collect the phone next Tuesday or Wednesday.

I was thinking of purchasing an entry Samsung Android Phone as a replacement initially, but when I know that I can get back the Galaxy Note so soon, I decided to use my old Windows Mobile based HTC touch. It is so small and difficult to navigate :-(

Not so many people but I waited for more than one hour


Nice price for Galaxy Note RM1999. It cost RM2300 last year. I rugi RM300 :-(

See you next post :-)

No comments: