Monday, April 23, 2012

Day +2118 : Adriel's prayer

I am fine today.

One night when we were lying on the bed about to sleep, I asked Adriel to say a prayer. She said she was so tired that she didn't have energy to pray. I asked her to say a simple prayer. She agreed.

Then she started to pray, and it turned up to be a very long prayer. She told God many things that were happened in the past, things that is happening now, and things that will be happening.

"Shut up!" she yelled in the middle of the prayer. This gave me a surprise as I have never heard people shouting "shut up!" in a prayer. "I am praying!" she continued. I only realized a short while later that she was asking my son, Joseph, to stop talking while she was praying.

She continued to pray after this.

"When is your birthday?" she asked me suddenly in the midst of praying.

"Aren't you praying?" I asked her.

"Yes, but I need to know your birthday in order to pray," she replied. I realized later that she would like to tell God when would be my birthday.

Again, she continued to pray after this.

"What time is it?" she asked me again while praying. I told her the time.

Then she continued the prayer, telling God that it was 12:30am, and since it was late, we all have to go to sleep, and with this, she concluded the prayer.

See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

adriel is so cute.

Unknown said...

Hahahahaa...funny, cute but honest