Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Day +2113 : An unexpected root canal treatment

I am fine today.

I did a root canal treatment August last year. The dentist asked me to go back for crowning  to protect and strengthen the tooth six months later.

When I went for crowning last Wednesday, the dentist found a "big hole" on  the tooth next to the one that was supposed to be crowned. She tried to fill the hole but it was too big to be filled, that on the middle of the filling procedure, we decided to perform root canal treatment on that tooth :-( With this, the crowing has to be delayed to this Friday in which the dentist has to do two things ; firstly, a second session for the root canal whereby the temporary filling will be replaced with the permanent one, and secondly, to have the first session of the crowning whereby a dental impression will be created to fabricate the crown.

The root canal treatment for one tooth cost RM700, and the cost for the crowning is RM550. After 20% discount, I paid RM1000 :-( The lack of saliva after the bone marrow transplant affected the health of my teeth badly. I believe more teeth need to be treated in the near future. This is not a good thing to me as the treatment is too costly. However, I shouldn't be too negative about this as when the value of my wallet keeps dropping, the value of my mouth keeps increasing. This is a good investment.

See you next post :-)

No comments: