Friday, March 16, 2012

Day +2080 : The side effects of Chikugunya is strongly felt

I am fine today.

I experience sore body, tiredness, mild sore throat, lack of appetite for the past few days, and I believe these are the side effects of the Chikugunya. Many seminary mates experienced some of these symptoms and no one know how long the symptoms will last :-(

I was asked to go back to UH to do the third blood test next Tuesday, and we also don't know how many more blood test we need to go through :-( Though the case is classified as an outbreak, the hospital demanded us to pay for any test that we had done. I received two invoices from UH by snail mail a few days ago. It is about the charges of the test done previously. I believe I can be exempted from paying as my wife's medical benefit as a government servant also covers me, but it can be very costly for some students to pay the bill :-(

According to Professor Dr. Tan, the UH should not charge patient for medical treatment due to an outbreak, but I am puzzled why the hospital still insist to charge us in this case.

See you next post :-)

No comments: