Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day +1804 : Follow-up at BMT clinic

I am fine today.

I went to UH yesterday afternoon for post bone marrow transplant follow-up. The appointment was initially scheduled on 15 May, but I was busy with my study at that time, so I requested the clinic to postpone it. This makes the appointment yesterday 5 months after the previous one, achieving the longest interval between follow-ups :-) This is the first record of the day.

The appointment was scheduled at 2pm and normally the haematologists came late. However, it was a surprise that came on time yesterday, and finished seeing all the patients at about 2:30pm. That was incredibly fast. Another record was broken! With the assumption that the haematologists won't come so soon based on my previous experience, I went to buy drinking water after registration. When I came back, I noticed that the haematologists were looking for me. This was for the first time ever that a doctor had to wait for me; a very good feeling indeed :-)

My blood test result was not out when the haematologist saw me, but I was informed that if there is anything wrong with the result, I will be informed.

My next appointment will be four months later. That will be 3 months after I crossed the 5 years mark since the bone marrow transplant.

See you next post :-)

No comments: