Friday, June 10, 2011

Day +1800 : Awana Kijal (9) - Delicacies

I am fine today.

When I reached Chukai, I saw the word "Satar" hanged everywhere. I wondered what was it until I stopped at a food court on the way back from Kuala Kemaman and ate it :-) It is in fact something like fish satay, wrapped in banana leaf, and grilled.

Grilling Satar
Ready to serve

Beware of chili padi - very hot!
Another famous delicacy - otak-otak


A small piece of fish meat
Enjoy the otak-otak and satar for the first time in our life :-) Though I ate otak-otak somewhere else such as PappaRich, but the otak-otak of Trengganu is so different than what I had earlier.

Other seafood is available
The price of the delicacies - not too expensive. In fact, we would like to order grilled fish, but the stall was not opened yet.
The stall that we visited

Another famous delicacy is Keropok (cracker)

Making keropok leko

The shop fried keropok leko for customers

There are many lemang stall on the way from Chukai to Kijal. Lemang is glutinous rice and coconut milk slowly cooked in bamboo.



Quite nice
The lemang stall also selling satar.
Preparing lemang



With this, I shall conclude my postings on the trip.

See you next post :-)

No comments: