Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day +1809 : SCAC - The first Sunday Service

I am fine today.

Our new church in Setia Alam had its first Sunday Service today. There were 19 members, including my maid, attended the service, of which five of them were from Setia Alam.

I had the honour to lead the worship for the first service :-) I used to be a worship leader in our church in Puchong, but after I was back from Leukaemia treatment, I stopped to serve in this area, so it has more than five years I didn't lead the worship. Picking up something that I left so long ago was a challenge to me also. Fortunately, my brother, Richard, who is a very experienced worship leader shared with me his worship slides, so that I didn't have to spent too much time preparing that. Apart from this, I had my wife who played the piano during the worship session. I should say that she is the best, and I wish I could bring her anywhere where I need to sing so that I get good piano accompaniment :-)

Rev. Lau delivered a sermon based on Mathew 21:1-11 with the title "God want to use you!". We had also brother Wai Seong(伟祥) teaching the children while the adults listening to the sermon.

I should say that we had a wonderful first Sunday Service at Setia Alam Christian Centre (SCAC) :-) Glory be to God!

Group photo - my maid is taking the photo; so we have a total of nineteen members here :-)
Worship session









What Wai Seong is thinking about?
Rev. Lau delivering sermon

Children


Father's day celebration
But the children would like to cut the cake

Refreshment










See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Simon Tang said...

Really overwhelmed to see the 1st Sunday worship in SCAC. God Bless his Church.

David said...

Thanks for the support, Simon. It was a great Service. David