Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Day +2336 : Sarawak Holiday - Historic visit to Kuching

I am fine today.

My family and I came back to Sarawak today for a two-week year-end vacation. We flew to Kuching on MAS flight this morning, and we will be staying here for one week before going back to our Bintangor hometown for another week.

My last visit to Kuching was 7 years ago or in 2005. In that exact visit I was diagnosed with Leukaemia and had to undergo the first round of chemotherapy in Kuching. I am so grateful to God that I am still alive now and manage to pay another visit to Kuching. This visit is very different from last visit that we had a new member in the family, Aaron, visiting Kuching :-) He was about 5 months in my wife's womb during the last visit.

We are staying in my eldest sister, Sie Huong's, house in Kuching. My second sister, Sieh Kiong, and third sister, Sie Chuo, who are from Sibu and Bintagor respectively joined us in Kuching with their family members today. All of us will be going to Damai Puri Resort for a 3 days 2 nights vacation tomorrow :-)

Awaiting us in Kuching were delicious local fruits - dabai and rambutan - brought over to Kuching from Sibu and Bintangor. Apart from this, we had homemade meat roll prepared by my second sister :-)

Anticipating all sorts of fun at the beautiful beach, the children, whether the big and small, are very excited.

The taxi driver was late due to some unforeseen circumstances. We took a group photo outside the house while waiting.

Adriel and Aaron was having fun in KLIA

Aaron was taking a good look at the airplane that we were going to board

In the departure lounge - Aaron was so sleepy!

Boarding


View from the plane




A complimentary puzzle from MAS :-)



Leaving Semananjung - heading to the east


Aaron's meal - Roti Canai with chicken curry

Aaron is enjoying Roti Canai

Nasi Lemak


Adriel was enjoying Nasi Lemak

Adriel "discovered" this island and wanted me to take a photo

Reaching East Malaysia

Look at the winding river, an unique characteristic of the land





Kuching airport


To be continued and see you next post :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oraları görmeyi çok isterdim