Sunday, November 18, 2012

Day +2327 : Goodies from hometown

I am fine today.

My niece, Nga Ming, brought back a lot of goodies from Sarawak on Friday. Apart from various Foochow biscuits, she also brought different local fruits from the hometown, and most of them were planted by family members over there :-)

The best thing that she brought was Dabai - a local version of olive. The fruit is only available in Sarawak. Though most Sarawakian likes the fruit very much, most of the people here in Semanjung Malaysia do not appreciate it. My wife was also from Sarawak, so she likes the fruit, but our children were borne here, therefore they don't like the fruit. Therefore, this is something that my wife and I could enjoy without competing with the children :-)

Biscuits - 豆沙饼

Gong Bia - 光饼

I only now how to call this biscuit in Foochow :-(

These oranges are available from Sarawak only - Homegrown fruts

Another homegrown product - rambutan

Dabai - RM12 per kg. Nga Ming's mother purchased 2kg for me

Put the fruits in warm water until they are soft, then add a little bit of soya sauce and sugar 

We on eat the soft pulp, not the seed :-)
See you next post :-)

No comments: