Thursday, February 20, 2014

Day +2785 : Visiting a cousin and her husband

I am fine today.

I received a call from a cousin (mother's sister's daugther), Leh Kiong, this afternoon saying that she and her husband were in HSC Medical Centre. Her husband, Mr. Yoong, was there for a heart examination as a kind of routine check-up procedure, and the examination revealed that two coronary arteries were blocked 70 to 80%. They decided to get the blockage treated. Though the treatment cost them ten of thousands, they were still thankful that the problem was diagnosed early.

I decided to visit them after receiving the call but I didn't know how to get there. Papago GPS running on my Galaxy Note which was always helpful brought me to a building which is not HSC Medical Centre. I was quite panicked initially since I didn't know at all what do to next. A few minutes later, I launched Google Map on my hand phone and I was quite amazed to find out that Google Map Navigation is working now. I reached the destination finally thanks to Google Map :-)

I took me two hours to drive from HSC Medical Centre to Puchong due to traffic jam in the evening. This is my first time experiencing such a heavy traffic jam after bone marrow transplant :-( However, my friend told me that traffic jam such as this is a "norm".

Mr. Yoong, Leh Kiong, David :-)

Traffic jam
See you next post :-)

No comments: