Monday, February 03, 2014

Day +2768 : Making Acar

I am fine today.

Auntie Jessie used to visit us on the first day of Chinese New Year to enjoy acar made by my mother-in-law. She didn't turn up this year. When I asked her the reason for not turning up, she said that there will be no acar to eat this year as my mother-in-law had already went back to Sarikei for good in December last year. This blog post will prove that she was wrong :-) We made a lot of acar this year. I alone spent three hours cutting the cucumber for the acar on the new year eve. We made so much acar because the children like it very much, especially eating it with prawn cracker. Furthermore, the price of cucumber and carrot were extremely cheap this year. I spent RM0.88 only for a kg of cucumber at Tesco :-)

I hope Auntie Jessie will come to enjoy the acar and cracker after seeing this post :-)


Adriel is helping







Drying the ingredients - carrots, cucumber and chilli  - under the sun







Ready to serve acar



Freshly fried prawn cracker



Cracker with acar - very delicious!
See you next post :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Excellent post! I must thank you for this informative read. I hope you will post again soon.
Kind regard
power fencing