Monday, March 07, 2011

Day +1705 : Spiritual Emphasis Week (培灵周)

I am fine today.

I am one week behind my blog! Today is 13 March 2011 and I am playing catch-up game again. This is the life of a student but the challenge of that life is not sufficient to destroy my desire from posting "daily", even sometimes it has to be done many days after.

We were told last week that we had to come back to the seminary on Monday, 7 March (for the sake of description, today is this day)to attend service and pray as the spiritual emphasis week started today. This was a bad news for me because I planned to work on a few assignments today that need to be submitted this week. However, all students including those who stay off campus were compulsory to attend the event, so the choice is not with us, especially for a "good student" like me :-(

The event will last for one week - Monday to Friday. We have to fast for two meals - breakfast and lunch - on the first day only, and for the rest of the week, we just have to attend the chapel services after the class.

We have two guest speakers to speak in the chapel services; Rev. Dr. David Wong and Dr. Yeh Kao Fang. Both are good speakers :-)

Rev. Dr. David Wong preached on Monday and Tuesday
Rev. Dr. Daving Wong is preaching with MBS lecturer Pastor Tan Poh Seng translating.

I broke fast with my classmate in this restaurant at Bukit Rahman Putra on the way back
I only remembered to take photo of the first two dishes because I was too hungry :-( The image of chicken, and the soup with fish and meat ball are left to your imagination :-)

Rev. Dr. David Wong presented a gift to us free of charge. It contains 12 great sermons.
See you next post :-)

No comments: