Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Day +531 : Visiting new friends (1)

I am fine today.

Dr. Haris advised me not to reduce the Prednisolon daily dosage from 15mg to 10mg given the rising level of liver enzymes. The doctor will reassess the situation during my next follow-up which is scheduled two weeks later.

My sister-in-law (my wife’s sister) who visited me with her children from Miri a few weeks ago introduced to me one of her church members whose son was diagnosed with Leukaemia and was under treatment in Kuching General Hospital. This church member is also originated from my wife’s hometown Sarikei but now living in Miri.

I didn’t have a chance to visit them in Kuching as I didn’t go to Kuching this time. However, the father has three sisters staying in Bintangor. Last week, he invited me to pay his sisters a visit to share my treatment experience with them. I gladly accepted the invitation and went to one of his sister’s house early in the morning.

I spent more than two hours with them. A lot of questions were asked and the conversation was done in Foochow :-) I explained to them the need of bone marrow transplant, the risk involved, the stem cells donating process, and the bone marrow transplant procedure.

To be continued and see you next post :-)

No comments: