Saturday, May 19, 2007

Day +318 : Only Me!

I am fine today.

I notice Adriel becomes more and more self-centred recently. She likes to say, “Only me!” now. Her kindergarten teacher told me that when she sung, she would like others to stop and listen to her. She felt that “Only me” can sing.

When I hold Aaron, she would complain and ask me to put him down. She would like me to hold her only. I said what about holding two babies, Adriel and Aaron together. She didn’t buy this idea. She wanted me to hold her only by saying, “Only me! Adriel only.”

When I said I would like to sleep with Aaron, she objected immediately and said “Only me! Adriel only, “meaning that I can sleep with her only.

When I made milk for Aaron first, she would complain. She wanted me to prepare milk for her first and said, “Only me! Adriel first!”

When she finished taking bath, she would like me to say that she is the first one to take bath, even if she is the last one to take bath among the children. If I say she is the “no. 2” or whatever other than “no. 1”, she would correct me immediately by saying, “Adriel is no. 1, not no. 2! Only me! Adriel no. 1”

We never taught her to be self-centered like this. I think this “Only me!” personality is inborn. In other words, we don’t have to teach our children to be self-centred. What Bible says is very true: “The LORD looks down from heaven on the sons of men to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God. All have turned aside, they have together become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one.” Psalm 14:2-3

One thing which is good about this “Only me!” is that she is the only one who got hand, food and mouth disease in the family. In this sense, “Only me!” is considered unselfish :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: