Saturday, May 05, 2007

Day +304 : Doing final year project

I am fine today.

I had been busy helping one of my nephews to complete his final year project for the past two days. I asked about the progress of his final year project a few weeks ago. He told me his problem and I gave him some advices to quick fix his problem. The approach was approved by his supervisor.

He informed me last few days that his supervisor rejected his project. I think he did not communicate his approach properly to the lecturer, because he told me that his supervisor agreed to his approach through SMS only. In order to help him pass the project to get better result, I have to crack my head again to think of another quick fix for him.

Now this quick-fix requires some coding or programming. Worst still, he needs to present his project on the coming Monday. It is impossible to teach him to do it within such as short time. The best way is to let someone doing it for him. I wish the nephew who stayed with us could help him but he is too busy dating his girlfriend. So I have to do it myself :-(

Some people might think that I am looking for trouble by involving myself in my nephew’s final year project. I also have this feeling occasionally while encountering setback in programming for him. But after working hard for two days, I have cleared all technical issues and should be able to complete everything by tomorrow.

Generally, I am very happy to help him for two reasons: firstly, I am a busy body, and secondly, I treated him like my children :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: