Sunday, April 01, 2007

Day +270 : A Church Outing

I am fine today.

Today marks 9 months of my post bone marrow transplant. I thank God for his mercy and grace that I am able to live a normal life now.

As usual, I went to attend church service in the morning. In the afternoon, the church organized an outing to Taman Bukit Jalil (Bukit Jalil Garden), a big and nice garden not too far away from my house. This is the second time I visited the garden after bone marrow transplant. I brought my family to the garden on Day +185 after bone marrow transplant.

Because of heavy rain in the afternoon yesterday and the sporadic rain in the morning, we were not sure if it would rain in the afternoon. So the outing was in the unconfirmed stage until 3:30pm when pastor SMS me saying that a few families were going. But at that time, I was enjoying my afternoon sleep. When I waked up at 4:00pm, pastor’s wife called asking me what food I would like to bring for the outing. My wife and I initially would like to cook “Fried Meehon Singapore Style”(星洲米粉) but she said that someone was bringing Thai Meehon and advised us to prepare fried rice.

The outing was at 4:30pm, so we started to prepare the fried rice frantically. We managed to get the work done from scratch within one hour :-) This included cooking the rice, rushing out to shop for a pack of mixed vegetables, preparing the ingredients and finally fried the rice. After that, everyone jumped into the car and speeded off to the garden and reached there at 5:30pm :-)

Almost 50 church members including children turned up for the event. My family members constituted almost 30% of the attendees :-) (6 from my family, 1 mother-in-law, 3 nieces and nephew, 4 from my brother’s family = total 14)

Nothing more satisfying when I heard people saying that the fried rice was delicious :-)

We managed to take one photo only because the camera ran out of battery :-( Daniel and Joseph were too busy to take the photo; once we were there, nowhere to catch them :-(

See you next post :-)

No comments: