Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Day +2826 : Rendang Mutton Cube Bone

I am fine today.

I cooked rendang mutton cube bone for the first time yesterday. It was a great success. My wife cooked the dish earlier and she briefed me how to cook it. My children liked the dish very much, so I tried to cook it for them yesterday.

My wife told me it took her very long hours to make the mutton tender. I didn't want to wait for so long, and the idea of using pressure cooker came to my mind. I fried the mutton with the ready made rendang gravy first before transferring it to a pressure cooker to cook for 35 minutes. Then I transferred the mutton back to the wok to cook further until the gravy is thick. Finally, I added coconut milk before serving.

Daniel told me that the texture of the mutton yesterday was different from the previous one which was cooked by my wife, but I am very sure that I purchased the same mutton. I suspect the different in texture was due to different way we cooked the mutton - pressure cooker versus wok. According to Daniel the one cooked with the wok throughout tasted better. Do you believe?

Throw away the oil


Ready to serve

See you next post :-)

No comments: